This page is regularly updated with information and resources relating to Parkinson’s research.
Click below to download our December
Research Roundup from Parkinson’s UK with the latest research news and
opportunities for you.
The Parkinson’s UK
Research Blog provides content such as:
- The stories behind the headlines
- Explaining Parkinson’s
- Information about clinical trials
- How people are powering progress
- What the Parkinson’s experts think
Our Research Interest Groups (RIGs) are made up of people affected by Parkinson’s and
researchers. They support us by increasing awareness and understanding of research at a
regional level. Research Interest Group
members are Research Support Network
volunteers. They’re often led by a steering group, who work with local groups and staff to coordinate, initiate and participate in research activities of the following types:
- meetings and presentations on research given by researchers
- visits to laboratories undertaking Parkinson’s research
- participation in clinical trials and studies
- keeping up to date with research progress and new developments
- identifying people to speak at local
support groups about Parkinson’s research
- promoting the Brain Bank
- working with researchers to shape their
research through Patient and Public Involvement opportunities
- raising funds for Parkinson’s UK research programmes
Progress – our research magazine
Keep up to date with the latest
progress in Parkinson’s research
online or with our twice-yearly magazine.
You can find the same great
content – including news, research features and real life stories – online on our blog or in our print magazine. Our magazine is also available as a PDF download.
Parkinson’s UK Youtube channel
Featuring videos from people with Parkinson’s, scientists and
supporters, fundraisers and families, carers and clinicians. Impatient for change, we’re taking a stand,
speaking out, chipping in, and
playing our part.
Get involved in Parkinson’s
The Parkinson’s Research Support Network connects you to the latest
research news, events and
opportunities by email.
The Take Part Hub – find
research for you
Research ranges from
questionnaires you can fill in at home to trialling new treatments. Whatever you’re ready for, you can make a
difference by taking part.